High performance, compact and sensitive microplate reader
Hidex Sense is a very compact application ready high performance multimode microplate reader. It is ideal for multi-user environment and when uncompromised performance, usability and sensitivity is required. Hidex Sense features all common non-radioactive detection modes:
- Fluorescence intensity, FRET, Dual excitation
- Absorbance spectral read
- Luminescence, BRET
- Time-resolved fluorescence, TR-FRET
- Fluorescence polarization
- AlphaScreen®/AlphaLISA® (Optional)
Hidex Sense microplate reader includes temperature control up to 65°C, microplate shaking, versatile functionality for kinetic assays and several other features. The reader supports microplate formats from 1 to 1536-wells, or user defined custom formats if needed.
Uncompromised performance and sensitivity
Hidex Sense is utilizing optical filters for fluorescence and luminescence technology, which is well known to provide the best possible sensitivity. An automatic filter storage with 32 filter positions used for either excitation or emission offers full wavelength coverage without need for manual filter handling. This makes the instrument ideal for a multi-user environment.
With true photon counting electronics for luminescence, time resolved fluorescence and AlphaScreen for best possible sensitivity, the Hidex Sense is officially certified for CisBio HTRF® TR-FRET, THUNDER™ TR-FRET, as well as Promega Dual-Luciferase® Reporter Assay System.
In addition, top and bottom reading, automatic focus adjustment, apertures, dichroic beam splitter selection and fibreless optics ensure that there are no compromises in sensitivity and performance.
Ultrafast absorbance spectral readout
Absorbance spectral readout is obtained with a high sensitivity grating CCD spectrograph, scanning the complete sample spectrum from UV to IR in less than a second per well – or simultaneously up to 10 discrete wavelengths in one measurement.
Top-rated software usability
The touchscreen operated user interface allows immediate access to favorite assays. The top-rated software is independently tested according to the international System Usability Scale (SUS), scientifically proven to be intuitionally easy to use and require minimal user training.
The software includes the following calculation methods:
- Results concentrations with a wide range of standard curve fitting methods
- FRET, BRET ratio and Polarization calculations
- Absorbance ratio and reference calculations
- DNA concentrations
- Michaelis-Menten kinetics
- Replicate statistics
All results are stored real-time in the software database and can be exported to Excel at user demand or automatically. The comprehensive assay library ensures direct readiness for all labels and applications in your lab, today and in the future.
The user interface can also be operated in “office” mode for off-line data and assay template handling. Data management on several workstations is further supported with convenient data transfer functionality and free rights for an unlimited number of users.
Support for 21 CFR Part 11 requirements is available as an optional package.
Wide range of accessories
- Integrated dispensers for fast kinetics, flash luminescence assays, or dual addition assays.
- A digitally controlled high accuracy gas mixing system for cell viability, hypoxia, and other cellular assays.
- The compact microplate stacker system features capacity for up to 50 pcs of 96 well microplates and light protected magazines for light sensitive assays.
- Separate low noise detector for exceptionally demanding luminescence assays. An automatic detector touch control system moves the detector against the top of the well for best possible detection geometry as well as minimal crosstalk.
- Barcode reader enables plate identification and versatile mix of separate assays in the same batch.
- Automation service with industrial standard dotNET interface offers easy integration with most robot systems available on the market.
Specifications Sense 425-301
- Fluorometry top: < 0.01 fmol / 384 well
- Fluorometry bottom: < 0.05 fmol / 384 well
- Photometry spectral range: 220 nm – 1000 nm (spectral readout)
- Luminescence (glow): < 20 amol ATP / 96 well
- Time Resolved Fluorescence: < 0,25 amol / 384 well
- Fluorescence Polarization: < 1 mP SD / 96 well plate
- Plate types: 1 – 1536 well
- Shaking: Linear, Orbital, Double orbital, with adjustable intensity
- Temperature Control: Ambient + 2°C to 65°C
- Integrated dispensers: 1 or 2 channel, real-time detection
- Highly sensitive luminescence: < 6 amol ATP / 96 well
- Gas control: Digital two gas mixer, CO2 (0-20 %), O2 (0-20 %)
- Alpha screen®: < 100 amol (P-Tyr-100 Insulin Receptor Tyrosine Kinase)
- Plate stacker with 25 or 50 plate magazines
- Width/Height/Depth: 20 cm/ 28 cm/ 49 cm (8”/ 11”/ 19”)
- Weight: 13 kg (29 lbs)
(HTRF is a registered trademark of CisBio; THUNDER™ TR-FRET is a registered trademark of BioAuxilium; Dual-Luciferase is a registered trademark of Promega Corporation; AlphaScreen is a registered trademark of Perkin Elmer)