NPE-Free ProSafe cocktails for all applications and purposes
The ProSafe+ range of cocktails was developed to overcome the NPE issue. They have been formulated using alcohol ethoxylates and as such do not contain any NPEs either as a base component or as a derivative component. The absence of NPEs means that they are not in breach of EEC directive 2003/53/EC or REACH.
ProSafe+ has been tested under OECD 302B (Zahn Wellens / EMPA test) by an approved environmental testing laboratory. The results show that ProSafe+ undergoes a 100% organic carbon biodegradation.
ProSafe cocktails are sold in boxes containing two 5 Liter canisters. Product codes in parenthesis.
- (PS+) ProSafe+ for routine general counting
- (PSLT+) ProSafe LT+ for Low level Tritium counting
- (PSBio+) ProSafe Bio+ for biological samples
- (PSHC+) ProSafe HC+ for both dilute and higher concentration samples with higher capacity for sample uptake
- (PSFC+) ProSafe FC+ for counting wet or dry filters
- (PSTS+) ProSafe TS+ for use with organic and aqueous based solubilisers – please see tissue solubilisers AquiGest and GoldiSol
- (PSO+) ProSafe O+ is the NPE free Scintillation cocktail for organic samples
- (PSRn/AB) ProSafe Rn/AB is the NPE-free cocktail suitable for extractive (two-phase) counting of radon in water samples
- (PSGel+) ProScint Gel+ is a NPE-free multipurpose gel forming LSC cocktail for aqueous and non-aqueous samples
The cocktails in the ProSafe+ range all have the following properties:
- High flash point
- Drain Disposable in certain applications